The Malta Association of Physiotherapists is committed to keeping this website updated in such rapidly evolving times with information that is provided to us by National Health Authorities, European and International Partners.
Please note that as the MAP offices are located in Gzira and that they are closed until further notice. All general enquiries should be directed to [email protected].
We have prepared a list of valid links with regards to COVID- 19:
- Ministry for Health Malta: Information about the New Coronavirus
- World Health Organisation: Rolling updates on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- World Health Organisation: COVID-19 Pandemic this should include this link
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control: Effective hand-washing
Information for Physiotherapists:
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy: Physiotherapy Management for COVID-19 in the Acute Hospital Setting: Recommendations to guide clinical practice
- World Health Organisation: Guidance for health workers
- World Health Organisation: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Infection prevention and control/wash
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy: Information and resources about COVID-19
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy: Report sets out future of digital physical therapy practice
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy: Remote service delivery options this should include
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy: Digital tools to support service delivery
Information for Clients:
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Directorate Information
- World Health Organisation Video: Pass the message: Five steps to kicking out coronavirus
Movement Session Elderly
Movement Session Elderly using wheelchair
Courses for Physiotherapists:
A programme of courses to help you to play a proactive role in reducing the impact of this pandemic (you'll need a free trial account):
- Understanding COVID-19
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Role of Physiotherapy in COVID-19
- Respiratory Management of COVID-19
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy: Postponed and cancelled events
We would like to thank Physiopedia for supporting our physiotherapy students in continuing their educational activity in such critical times through free access for Physiopedia
We do trust that this information can assist you in your daily measures as physiotherapy practitioners, managers and policy makers. Whilst asking you to stay safe, the MAP committee would like to thank you wholeheartedly for your professional work and commitment towards the nation in such challenging moments for Malta. Last updated 27/03/2020.
Nominations for posts on the Executive Board or the Operations and Administration Board must be duly signed and seconded and should be received in writing by the MAP President by not later than Thursday 18th October, 2018 through: [email protected]
Also note that the post of Chief Executive Officer is still vacant.
Any member wishing to put forward a motion or an item on the agenda may do so by informing the MAP President in writing also through [email protected] by not later than Thursday, 18th October 2018.
The registration desk will open at 7.00pm and the meeting will commence at 7.30pm.
Kindly confirm your attendance to this AGM for organisational purposes on [email protected].
The Annual General Meeting for 2017 will be held on the 23rd of November at The Professional Centre in Gzira at 7pm.
For all those members who cannot attend but would like to participate, kindly fill in the proxy vote form sent by e-mail and forward it to [email protected] Counter motions are also to be sent to the same address by the 16th of November 2017.
We Look forward to seeing most of our members there.
The aim of this CPD, conducted by Darren Sillato and Mark Farrugia, was to give an introduction to clinical gait analysis and give practical demonstrations.
A conference entitled 'Assistive Devices and Aids in the World of Rehabiliation' was endorsed by the MAP. It was chaired by Dr Stephen Zammit and Ms. Victoria Massalha (the President of our Association), acted as a scientific secretary and moderator. This event was held at the Intercontinental Hotel.
Jessica Attard and Andrew Cassar delivered this CPD related to paediatrics, in particular whether outcome measures are standardized.
Frame Football Malta and Orthopaedic Center Malta also carried out a small presentation at this event.
The SIP 2017 symposium that took place in Hotel Excelsior, Valletta consisted of 4 working groups on Jun 8th followed by plenary sessions on June 8 and 9. Over 200 participants represented all stakeholder groups involved in pain policy (health care professionals, pain policy advocates, politicians, regulators, and budget holders, representatives of patient organisations, insurances and health authorities). The Pre-Symposium was held at the same venue between 15.00-18.30hrs on 7th June 2017.
The following were the topics discussed:
- European and national platforms addressing the societal impact of pain
- Impact of pain on labour and employment
- Pain as a quality indicator for health systems
- Challenges, models and best practices in pain policy
- Evolving concepts in the definition of chronic pain: a dynamic process
The course focused on the teaching of Manipulative Techniques which may be adapted to various clinical scenarios.
The Malta Association of Physiotherapists is pleased to announce a corporate partnership with Europharma.
Europharma Ltd is a family-run business who offers cost effective, high quality pharmaceuticals, food supplements, medical devices, diagnostic products and aids for the elderly, disabled and rehabilitation across a broad range of disciplines. It has been serving customer needs for the past four decades. Europharma was the very first company in Malta to open a retail outlet selling aides for elderly and disabled, and its experience in this sector is second to none.
Europharma works with various international partners when striving to exceed customer expectations. These include Fresenius Kabi, Greiner Bio One, Diamed/Biorad, Medisana, Medochemie, Chiesi, Uriach, Sebamed, Gmed and Eletromed amongst others.
Europharma Ltd is part of the Michele Peresso Group of Companies, which Group also exclusively represents worldwide brands such as Adidas, Reebok and Skechers. Please refer to the Europharma website on www.europharma.com.mt and the Group Website at www.micheleperesso.com.mt for more information about them.
A CPD washeld on the 4th of May 2017 at the Cavalieri Hotel between 3:15pm and 8:00pm . The main focus of the talk was Tecar and Cryo-Ultrasound.